Monday, March 25, 2013

Turkish Delights and Martha Stewart

When I came to the states a little over a year ago, after the sweet smell of living on my own, I got so overwhelmed about the thought of decorating my own place to my own liking. However, because I was then just a student on the lifeline of parent's allowance, I was bound for budget, a tight one. Priorities came first and lo and behold, I packed up and moved into a room for rent when my 6-month contract ended mid year 2012.

And so last week, beyond all the crazy and unexpected expenditures, I finally started the promise that was already almost 6 months due. I dropped by a local TJ Maxx and went straight for the home section. As always, my eyes feasted on beautiful home and art decor. From silk sheets to matching bath rugs and soft Egyptian cotton towels. I was again in paradise, that I was sure of. Home decor shopping for me is like the exact effect of liquor for others,temporarily makes me forget the world and the problems it has in store for me. I gazed around indulging myself to the delights before me.

I dont know with you but I have always been a savvy shopper. I look for bargains in stores while making sure taste and class is not sacrificed. So after about a half an hour of going through the aisles, I had in hand a beautiful pair of Turkish hand made bowls. They were $3,99 apiece (kerchiiiing! bargain, I told you so). I'm planning to work around the colors pink, white, silver and black with a touch of turquoise (as inspired by Carrie Bradshaw's [Sex and the City] pad in the second movie offering of the series. These original Turkish glass pieces with gold paisley details are just perfect to compliment a dining table idea that I have in mind...

Another buy was this Martha Stewart peeler. Hahah. Quiet simple but I thought I would be going for Martha Stewart and Kitchenaid kitchen tools. You see, the last time, I had to sacrifice a lot of my everyday tools and bought cheap and non-matching ones, but this time, I am aiming for these two only. Martha Stewart products are known for quality and ergonomics...which is really important especially for me who is still learning to find my way around the kitchen.

So that was it, my finds on a shopping trip last Friday (March 22, 2013). Just the first of many shopping trips that is. I'll keep you posted for more finds!





No comments:

Post a Comment